Google Chrome browser comes with the default search engine Google. And if we type some thing on the address bar say "Shirts and caps" the google search engine works in the background and display the google results on the webpage. Some people have interest in other search engine like Bing, Yahoo, Duck Duck go etc. So here will be discussing on how to set Bing as the default search engine in Google web browser.
The procedure is very simple. let us see how it can be done.
1) Open your Google Chrome web browser.
2) Go to settings or on the address bar type chrome://chrome/settings/
3) Look for the heading Search
4) There you can find the button "Manage search Engine" click on that
5) Now a new window open with two boxes the first one is "Default search settings" and the other is "Other search engines"
6) In the "Other search engines" you can see three blocks with one to "Add a new search engine", other is the "keyword" and last one is the "URL with query"
7) Now in the first block "Add a new search engine" type Bing
8) After that in the second block "label" type bing.com
9) And in the last block "URL with query" type http://www.bing.com/search?q=%s
10) Hit the enter key and you can see the Bing is saved and new set of blocks will be displayed now move your mouse to Bing and you see "Make default" button appears
11) Click on that to Make Bing as the deafult search engine. Now click OK.
12) Now in the search drop down list you can see Bing and google. [ With Bing as default, if you want to change to Google simply click on the drop down and select Google
Now go to the address bar and make a search with the keyword you like and check that the result is displayed in Bing search page.
So we have set Bing as the default search engine in the Google Chrome browser.