Just think that your friend want to send an important file to you. Most probably he will send it to you email inbox and you have to move to your dropbox account. If he is a dropbox user he will share it and incase if he do not have an option to mail or a dropbox account what will he do. Do not worry we have a solution. So lets see how to send files to your Dropbox account.
Just like others, you can also upload files to your account without login to Dropbox account.
Here are the steps. (Click on the image to view in the enlarge mode)
First of all the the person who is ready to receive the files from others need to link the account with an application called the "dbinbox" which is also called as Dropbox inbox.
1) Go to http://dbinbox.com/
2) Enter your dropbox account username and hit on link with your dropbox
4) Once that is done it automatically create a dbinbox folder inside Apps folder (Here you will get all the files that is send from the dbinbox)
5) Now its done and your are ready to recive the files.
Now we will see how to send the file to your account.
We have already linked our username with dbinbox. so those who what to send the files to us should know the dbinbox link.
Your dbinbox link will be http://dbinbox.com/your_user_name
1) Tell the sender to goto http://dbinbox.com/your_user_name
2) Select the file he want to upload
3) Once the upload is completed he can write a message(optional) and hit the send message button. So his job is done.
Now at your side login to dropbox account got the Apps folder and open the dbinbox folder there you can see the file send by your friend.
source and image via dbinbox